Terms and Conditions
- The BestWeb.lk Competition is open to all websites registered under.lk domain.
- The website owner / developer can submit the registration form. If the developer submits it, the owner’s consent is mandatory.
- The websites that contains any of the following will not be eligible to enter the competition:
- Websites with Illegal, Obscene, Abusive or Preposterous content
- Websites that are in the opinion of judges deemed to be of poor quality, in bad taste or have defamatory content
- Websites that have been deemed unsuitable for the competition by the judging panel for any other reason.
- Sinhala and Tamil websites will be eligible only if its content is available in Unicode standards.
- In the event if any of the competitors were found influencing the judges or involved in promoting negative information regarding competitors, they will immediately be disqualified from the competition.
- The registrants must submit a small write-up about the website that includes purpose of the site, special features of the website, target audience etc.
- Optional – Marks will be given for the use of social media and also for broad web presence (being featured in others’ websites, e.g.: hotel booking) – One social media site and one website on which the registrant website is featured in should be provided.
- .com or re-directing sites are not eligible for the competition
- Logo to be displayed on the website with the links sent, if not your application for bestweb.lk 2019 will not be processed for the competition.
Nominating/Registering a website
- Anyone can nominate/register websites by providing Name, Email, Contact Number and Website. Entries must be submitted online using the online entry form, which is available at www.bestweb.lk.
- A website is considered entered into the competition, after a completed entry form is received by the LK Domain Registry.
- Nominated websites will be subjected to a review by a Panel of Judges and the website owners will be notified regarding the nominations. They should agree to the terms and conditions of the competition, if their website is to be considered for the evaluation stage. They should also mention under which Awarding Category their website should be considered. Before the commencement of the voting phase, website owners should display the BestWeb logo prominently in their website with a link to the www.bestweb.lk. website.
Selection after registration
- The entries will be judged by a Panel of Judges. In the event that a website is not accessible during the evaluation period, the website will not be selected for the voting phase.
- The judges reserve the right to request for additional information or reject a nominated website without explanation.
- Choosing a winning website will be solely at the discretion of the Judges and is not negotiable by nominators.
- Website owners should be reachable on the contact details provided by them and should agree to the terms and conditions of the competition in order to be selected for the voting stage.
- Nominated website can be scheduled for an external website scan at anytime in the “Review of application period” mentioned in the “Time Frame” (Until Releasing the Results) to assess the eligibility for the competition on the website’s security perspective. Further on the basis of scanned reports, weak security websites will be informed to re-design/re-structure their websites immediately to be in the competition else will be disqualified.
Voting for a website
- Voting and traffic monitoring will be on for a period of one (01) week.
- Each person shall only vote once per each category per week.
- Anyone can vote for a website using the online entry form in the www.bestweb.lk. A valid email address should be provided for any communications during the competition.
- Any fraudulent or multiple votes will be discarded and any sites for which fraudulent votes are sent may be disqualified.
In the event of any conflicts during the competition, the decision of the judges will be considered as final.