An expert Panel of Judges will be appointed with the responsibility of judging each submission. This panel will comprise of web experts and who will spot talent in a non-biased manner. The entries will be judged on creativity, quality of graphic design, artistry, technological expertise and the quality of the content, made available to the user. More details of these criteria are given below.
- All pages required to be completed
- Contact information
- Recent Updates (depending on category)
- Feedback /contact us form
- Searching facility
- Simple URL
- No broken links
- Links to home page
- e-commerce sites should enable https for eligibility
- W3C conformance
- Browser compatibility / responsiveness
- Availability (when checking )
- Meeting-up bestweb.lk rules and regulations
- Mobile device compatibility
- Loading time
We are not looking at graphics, etc. in this section.
- Clear site architecture
- Site navigation structure and feature, site map
- User friendliness – user should be clear what’s happening
- Consistency – use of standard headers, footers, menus, colours, etc.
- Help , FAQ
Features of each page, can check a representative sample.
- Page structure and layout – easy to read and understand, not congested
- Good use of fonts, font sizes, etc.
- Good colour scheme – standard colours for links, etc.
- Good use of graphics – no over-use of graphics
- Good use of html features – dynamic page content, etc.
- Availability of help
- Overall aesthetics, professionalism (depending on type of site)
- Volume of content – sufficient for category
- Relevance to site objectives
- Accuracy and completeness of content (as can be judged)
- Creativity, appealing to the intended audience
- Richness (multimedia, etc.)
- Spelling & grammar
- Use proper language for translations Sinhala, Tamil or English
- Visual image quality
- Quality of content in images, videos, etc.
(other than just clicking)
- Clarity of transaction flow
- Meaningful error handling
- Strong password should be maintain for CMS administrator.
- All e-commerce sites should have https with valid certificates.
- Updated module should use
- Quality and quantity of the Content, Security, completeness, use of appropriate technology, user engagement, etc
Penalty points (Negative marks)
- Unwanted content / ads / plug-ins / modules
- Refrain from using Copy write info and pictures
- Multilingual (compulsory for govt. sites)
- Accessibility for disabled persons
- Use of latest technologies to improve site
- Hard-Coded website (without using CMS)
- Additional features
- Other (as needed) -Social Network integration
- W3C conformance
- Browser compatibility
- Meeting BestWeb.lk rules and adhering to the given time frame to display BestWeb Logo and codes which will be sending applicants